All over the world, the new year is thought to be a time to invite good luck into your life. Although New Year's a time to look forward to the coming year, it is also a time to look back at what has happened, what mattered, and what and who is important in your life. We each should take a few minutes or a few hours to pause, to give thanks, to honor a time that has come and gone, and remember. I want to look at last years calendar and recall the days and events that have passed, remembering what I have accomplished, remembering the people, reflecting on the fun I have had and the work I have accomplished this past year and even those things that didn't go as planned. "A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the next". So I want to create "memory keepers", instead of making resolutions.Yesterday as I was putting up my Christmas decorations I came across a basket that held all the cards and mementos that I saved from Kent's passing. As I read the cards, I was sad and cried a little, but I was also so very proud of the man that Kent was and that he played such an important part in my life and the lives of our children as well as so many friends and family members. I read and remembered the special memories with each of those who sent cards and wrote notes to me and to my family. Some of the people I don't remember but Kent made an impression on their lives enough for them to send a card remembering him.
So that is why this year I want to create memories and document them so I can look back at 2011 with a joyful heart of the wonderful memories of each person & event that touches my life in some way.
I love this quote:
"The best gifts are the people in our lives and the moments we share,
your days are just waiting to be enriched with creative thought,
joyful purpose, and inspired meaning".
"Happy New Years 2011"
No comments:
Post a Comment