Monday, March 30, 2009
Empty Nest
I feel like an empty nester again, with Judy gone. We had such a great time while she was here. I tried to talk her into staying longer, but she thought 19 days away from home was long enough. During her visits we always go to as many movies as we can fit in, but there are NO great movies in the theaters now. We were able to see two movies that we really liked, Duplicity with Julia Roberts and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. She taught a mini album class while she was here and I had several classes also. We did hit all her favorite stores for some great shopping and met friends for lunch and dinners several times. Some of our favorites were: Tommy Bahama, California Pizza Kitchen, The Grand Luxe, Kona Grill, Rubio's, Paradise Bakery. We started each day by setting by the fountains at Desert Ridge watching the kids play in the fountain, Judy with her iced non fat latte and me with my peach or mango iced herb tea. This was so peaceful and relaxing and a great way to start our days. While Judy was here she was able to start her phyiscal therapy for her neck, we set up appointments at my Dr.'s office and so she was able to get in 6 treatments while she was here. Judys daughter and her family came to Arizona for spring break so we were able to meet up with them for a lunch date with my son Steve and his wife and daughter and let my grandaughter and her grandaughter have fun in the fountains. 
It was a great visit and I'm looking forward to my visit up north this summer, when I get away from the heat for a couple weeks..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment