Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What a week!

Yesterday afternoon we experienced our own hurricane here in the desert southwest. I had started raining and the rain picked up as did the wind to most severe storm I have ever experienced. The wind was so strong the rain was blowing horizontal and so heavy I couldn't see 10 feet in front of me. Thank goodness I was in my home and watching this happen outside my windows. It lasted for about 30 minutes and when it was over, trees were down all over my neighborhood.. I had one blocking my driveway and so I couldn't get out of my garage. It was calm and the sky was blue as if nothing had ever happened, except flooding, power lines down and major damage to trees and roofs..


the trees in front of my garage

I am getting ready to be a part of Creative Escape again this year. I love this event. It is held at the Sheraton Wild Horse Resort, so it is first class all the way. Again this year I am a team leader with a group of about 60 women who all have the same passion for scrapbooking as I do. I get to spend the 3 days with these ladies as we travel to the 8 different classes and events that will be taking place. The teachers this year are so very talented and I'm excited for the classes to begin. This is the 4th year I have been a part of this fantastic event and I love it. I am exhausted by Saturday evening, but love every minute..
I can't wait to share with you this weekend the fun things we did..

No comments: